Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Radio interview - do I really sound like that?


After the November NABLPOMO marathon I've been taking a break from the blog, but I thought some of the regulars might quite like to hear my dulcet tones.

I was interviewed on the radio yesterday about my book.  

Here is the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0115s2d/Sue_Davies_12_12_2012/

My interview is at 45 minutes into the show and the link should take you straight to iplayer -  drag the progress bar to about 45 mins -  no need to listen to the entire show!

It's strange listening to your own voice on the radio - to me, it sounds as if someone else is speaking. 

I wonder what you thought I would sound like?

6 comments:

  1. Interesting to put a voice to the face!
    I too sounded like someone else on the radio.... I hadn't realised how strong a Yorkshire accent I had, actually thought I sounded posher than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you sound younger than I imagined (not that I thought you'd sound like an old man!).
    You speak clearly, confidently and in an engaging way - I'd be awful because I sound common and repeat myself a lot.

    Ben is thoroughly enjoying your book, I'll be reading it next. Glad you're getting publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can confirm it's you ;)

    I'm always really surprised when I hear myself too - apparently it's to do with the way the bones of our skull absorb sounds differently to when we hear them via the ear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I had thought a lot about what you might sound like so not sure I can say that you sounded different to what I expected. I thought you sounded great and it was really nice hearing you talk about the book!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound exactly as I knew you would. Why is that, I wonder?

    What a wonderful interview and how beautifully you presented yourself, with honesty and eloquence. Moments in time, landscape, your relationship with your dad, moments to hold on to...what a special gift you share in your book. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am too late to hear this as it's 'closed' now. Never mind! Did anyone record it for you? I was on Radio Wales once with our book group and someone recorded it so I have it on CD. It is rather poignant as one of the members has since died and it was her husband who recorded it and he has also passed away.

    ReplyDelete