Thursday, February 7, 2013

A new take on Valentine's day


The white tower, top right - title of one of the essays from my book

Forgive the self promotion, but for a new take on Valentines Day I will be reading from my book at Pages Bookshop, Hackney.

I'd be delighted if any of you wanted to come along, cheer me on, buy a book or two...

Joining me will be Jeremy Worman, author of the excellent, Fragmented, a city-scape collection that contrasts, and I'd like to think complements, my interest in landscape, fatherhood and nature.

If you can't make it then perhaps you could forward this to any writerly friends, mention it on your blog, post it on Facebook, tweet it to the world...

That or wish me well.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day, whatever it is you're doing.


Pages Bookshop
Thursday February 14th 7.00 p.m.
70 Lower Clapton Road Hackney London E5 0RN

6 comments:

  1. I wished you well but the email popped back to me.

    So this comment is...to wish you well, and hope you both get a good turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reply to you came back too...gremlins at large, clearly!

    I wish I'd timed my visit to the U.K. better!

    Have a great time and sell, sell, sell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it goes well. I used to live in Clapton, just off Kenninghall Road. Went to school in Laura Place, near Clapton Pond, so know the area well. Went back to the area a few years ago, but very different from the 1950s when I lived there. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you well and will spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you well :)

    I'll be spending the day at The Barbican looking at gardening products. If last year's event is anything to go by, this will involve talking a lot of compost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well, Mark. Sadly Hackney is even more impossible than Machynlleth for me. -)

    ReplyDelete