Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wordless wednesday - (almost)


I received my annual renewal for the Youth Hostels Association recently.

This is the view from Black Sail Hut, at the head of the Ennerdale Valley in the Lake District. It is one of the YHA's iconic hostels, and certainly one of the most remote.

Interesting to note that despite the availability of countless more sophisticated and better equipped retreats, Black Sail regularly tops the lists of cool places to stay.

I'm not sure that Youth is quite the right membership for a 50 + year old, but I reckon I'll renew the subscription - if only to go back next summer.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, you're doing great. And you've reminded me, I've been meaning to join the YHA for yonks. I've done two blogs in two days...phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youth is a state of mind. Allegedly.

    ReplyDelete